Our goal for the 2020 season is to enable members to enjoy the club while ensuring member and staff safety. We will follow state and local rules, CDC guidelines, and published best practices for the safe and effective operation of outdoor community swim and tennis facilities. The following rules and approaches are currently in effect at Beachwood. The Beachwood Board may adjust these rules over time, based on the latest COVID situation and our own experiences with operating the club under these circumstances.
Our ability to offer a safe and enjoyable experience this summer is dependent on every member understanding and adhering to these rules. Members that do not comply with staff instructions with regards to safety rules will be subject to suspension of their club privileges by the Board.
- The total occupancy of the pool side of the club is not to exceed 110 people.
- Members must have a reservation in order to enter and attend the club.
- Guests, including extended family members that do not reside at the membership household, are not allowed.
- Babysitters with a paid babysitter pass are allowed to attend in place of the member adults. Babysitters are not allowed to attend at the same time as the member adults.
- Reservations are managed in two-hour shifts. There will be a 30-minute cleaning period between each shift. The shifts are:
- 12:00 - 2:00
- 2:30 - 4:30
- 5:00 - 7:00
- 7:30 - 10:00
- All members must exit the club at the end of each two-hour shift.
- Each member may make two weekday reservations and one weekend reservation per week. The limit applies at the individual member level, regardless of who books the reservation.
- Reservations can be made online using SignUpGenius: Weekday Reservations | Weekend Reservations
- Weekday reservation timeslots will be made available three days in advance of the shift.
- Weekend reservations will be managed via a lottery system. Each member may submit two weekend reservation requests per weekend, but will only be awarded a maximum of one reservation.
- Weekend reservation requests will be made available on Mondays, locked at 5 pm on Wednesday, and the lottery drawing will occur on Wednesday nights with the results being published by Thursday morning. The lottery drawing is a randomized drawing.
- Reservations should be made on a named-individual basis. For example, if all members of a family of four would like to attend, select quantity of 4 and type in each name in the “Attending Members” field.
- Reservations can be made for up to six individuals. The individuals do not need to be from the same membership household, but every individual must be a member.
- If timeslots are still available on the day of attendance, any member may make a same-day reservation and it will not count against the weekly limit.
- If a member has made a reservation but no longer plans to attend, the member must cancel the reservation as far in advance as possible.
- Large group gatherings or parties are not allowed.
- Beachwood will monitor the reservation activity and reserves the right to cancel reservations that do not adhere to these rules.
- Each member family must have a signed waiver and rules acknowledgment on file in order to enter the club. Waivers are available online and at the front desk.
- Children age 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Every person must check in every time that they enter the club, without exceptions.
- Members are not required to wear face coverings when entering.
- Members are to exit the club via the side gate on the west side of the clubhouse in order to avoid two-way traffic at the entrance.
- The occupancy of the locker rooms is limited to four people in each locker room. The back entrance to the locker rooms is currently closed.
Staff Safety Measures
- Beachwood staff will work in defined pods to limit crossover contact.
- Each staff member will participate in a temperature check prior to each shift.
- Staff will wear face coverings while working indoors.
- Hand sanitizer, soap and cleaning products will be widely available for staff and members.
- During the 30-minute cleaning breaks between shifts, staff will clean furniture, pool ladders, railings, countertops and other common surfaces.
- There will be a manager on each shift who is the designated Safety Captain responsible for working with members to ensure that rules and safety measures are being followed.
Pavilion and Food
- Members may bring snacks and drinks but may not bring meals (i.e., lunch or dinner) to the club.
- Food delivery service is currently not allowed. If a member orders food delivery to the front desk, the food will not be permitted to be brought into the club. No exceptions.
- The kitchen and grills are closed.
- The pergolas are closed.
- Pavilion tables are appropriately spaced and are available for use. One family per table.
- Drinking fountains, ice machines and vending machines are closed.
- Members are asked to be extra diligent about disposing of their own trash.
Pool and Pool Deck
- Members should be respectful of one another’s space and observe appropriate social distancing, even when in the pool.
- The lounge chairs and pool furniture have been appropriately spaced. Members may not move or arrange the furniture.
- Each grouping of furniture is to be used by one family only.
- Rafts and inflatable tubes are not allowed.
- The pool basketball hoop is not currently available.
- The diving boards are available for use. Members waiting in line for the diving boards must maintain appropriate spacing as indicated by marks on the deck.
- For sanitary reasons, we are not currently offering a Lost & Found service. Unfortunately, this means that any item left at the club will be disposed of at the end of the shift.
Tennis Courts and Sport Court
- Members should enter the tennis court area for the purpose of tennis only. No congregating or picnicking allowed in the tennis area.
- Members may not currently pass through the gate near the tennis office into the pavilion or pool area.
- The sport court is currently closed.
- The gaga pit is currently closed.
- The pergolas are currently closed.